Naija News Now
A 3 Day Cairo Egypt Visit
Here is a suggested itinerary for a 3-day visit to Cairo, Egypt:
- Visit the Giza Pyramids: Start your day by visiting the famous Giza Pyramids, including the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Sphinx and the Pyramid of Khafre. You can take a guided tour or explore on your own.
- Visit the Egyptian Museum: After the pyramids, head to the Egyptian Museum, which houses a vast collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts, including the treasures of King Tutankhamun.
- Explore Khan el-Khalili: End your day by exploring the vibrant Khan el-Khalili market, where you can shop for souvenirs and enjoy traditional Egyptian food and drink.
- Visit Salah El Din Citadel: Begin your second day by visiting the Salah El Din Citadel, a medieval fortress that was once the seat of power in Cairo. You can explore the citadel and enjoy the panoramic views of the city.
- Explore Coptic Cairo: After the citadel, head to the historic Coptic Cairo neighborhood, where you can visit the Hanging Church, the Church of St. George, and the Ben Ezra Synagogue.
- Visit Al-Muizz Street: End your day by exploring Al-Muizz Street, a historic street that is home to many beautifully preserved medieval buildings and mosques.
- Visit Islamic Cairo: Start your day by exploring Islamic Cairo, which is home to many historic mosques, including the Ibn Tulun Mosque and the Al-Azhar Mosque. You can also visit the historic Al-Muizz Street and the Khan el-Khalili market.
- Visit the Alabaster Mosque: After Islamic Cairo, head to the Alabaster Mosque, also known as the Mosque of Muhammad Ali, which is located inside the Citadel. You can take in the stunning architecture and enjoy the panoramic views of Cairo.
- Nile River Cruise: End your day by taking a relaxing Nile River cruise, where you can enjoy dinner and a show while taking in the sights of Cairo from the water.
Of course, this itinerary can be customized to suit your interests and schedule. Enjoy your visit to Cairo!