Naija News Now
10 Exciting Things to do in East Africa (No Safari)
Here are 10 exciting things to do in East Africa that don’t involve going on a safari:
- Visit the Maasai Mara villages in Kenya – you can learn about the Maasai culture, their way of life and even participate in their traditional dances.
- Explore the beaches of Zanzibar, Tanzania – Zanzibar is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You can swim, snorkel or just relax on the beach.
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania – Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and a challenging climb. You can choose from various routes depending on your skill level.
- Visit the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania – the Ngorongoro Crater is a UNESCO World Heritage site and home to a large variety of wildlife. You can also learn about the Maasai culture here.
- Explore the historical sites in Ethiopia – Ethiopia is home to some of the oldest civilizations in the world. You can visit the ancient city of Axum, the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, and the castles of Gondar.
- Go scuba diving in the Indian Ocean – East Africa has some of the most beautiful diving spots in the world. You can explore the coral reefs and see a variety of marine life.
- Visit the spice farms in Zanzibar – Zanzibar is famous for its spices, and you can take a tour of the spice farms and learn about the different spices and their uses.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti in Tanzania – a hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti is a once in a lifetime experience. You can see the wildlife from above and enjoy the stunning views.
- Go hiking in the Rwenzori Mountains in Uganda – the Rwenzori Mountains are a UNESCO World Heritage site and offer some of the best hiking trails in East Africa.
- Visit the Genocide Memorial in Rwanda – the Genocide Memorial in Rwanda is a sobering reminder of the country’s tragic past. You can learn about the events that led to the genocide and pay your respects to the victims.