There are many affordable weekend getaways outside Nairobi that you can consider. Here are a few options:
- Naivasha: Naivasha is a popular destination for weekend getaways. You can visit the beautiful Lake Naivasha, go hiking at Mt. Longonot, or visit Hell’s Gate National Park.
- Machakos: Machakos is a great option for those looking for a quick weekend getaway. You can visit the Machakos People’s Park, go hiking at Lukenya Hills, or visit the Masinga Dam.
- Nanyuki: Nanyuki is a great destination for those looking to escape the city. You can visit Ol Pejeta Conservancy, go hiking at Mt. Kenya, or visit the Nanyuki Spinners and Weavers.
- Kisumu: Kisumu is a great destination for those looking for a weekend getaway. You can visit the Impala Sanctuary, go bird watching at Lake Victoria, or take a boat ride on the lake.
- Sagana: Sagana is a great destination for adventure seekers. You can go white water rafting, zip lining, or bungee jumping.
These are just a few options, but there are many other affordable weekend getaways outside Nairobi that you can consider.